Hong Kong is not just a financial centre, it’s also a data centre for the financial world.
In a recent interview with RTHK Radio 3 in Hong Kong, Stewart Orrell, Equinix’s Director of Global Financial Services, explained how outsourcing data center services can save banks and brokers millions of dollars in capital expenditure.
Stewart appeared on “Money for Nothing” – a business and finance show in which industry experts analyze current market trends. During the interview, Stewart covered the following topics:
- Challenges of the financial services industry and how data centers help address those challenges
- Drivers for data center demand
- Expansion of Equinix in Hong Kong
- Data center development in Hong Kong
- Advice for financial services firms when selecting data centers