Yesterday we announced Q4 and full year results for 2013. Equinix achieved a number of milestones in 2013. Here are the highlights:
- For the first time, we delivered over $2 billion of revenue and over $1 billion of adjusted EBITDA, demonstrating the strength of our business model
- We delivered $175 million of adjusted free cash flow after fully funding our growth capital expenditures
- We continue to progress with our plans to convert to a REIT on January 1, 2015, and are making investments in our systems and people in preparation for the conversion
- With 100 data centers in 32 metros around the world, Platform Equinix now supports approximately 4,500 customers who are connecting to their customers and partners to accelerate business performance. The global platform continued to grow in 2013 and we completed 18 data center expansions, including moving into new markets in Osaka, Dubai and Jakarta
- Finally, interconnection revenue grew 18% due to the vibrancy of our ecosystems. We finished the year with over 128,000 connections among customers and partners
As we enter 2014, we see continued strength in the business and are well positioned to execute on emerging growth opportunities.
We remain committed to balancing growth and profitability by putting the right customers, with the right applications, into the right locations. We believe our strategy will continue to meaningfully differentiate the performance of Equinix, and the success of this strategy is reflected in our quarterly business results, which include solid growth, healthy operating margins, and firm yield per cabinet.
We continue to put in place the building blocks to position Equinix as the interconnection platform for the world’s leading businesses. Foundationally, we are increasing our network density as a central source of value for our customers across all verticals.
Platform Equinix now provides access to more than 975 carriers, making us the clear choice for exchanging traffic cost-effectively, securely and with superior performance. This breadth of choice in networks allows us to attract magnet customers that, in turn, draw their customers to create dynamic ecosystems, which generate increasing returns for both Equinix and our customers.
For 2014, our strategy and our innovation investments are aimed at capturing the longer-term opportunity associated with cloud computing. We have achieved significant momentum with cloud service providers who see our network density, global reach and mission critical reliability as fundamental to their success. Our cloud and IT services business grew 16% year over year, and led all segments in multi-region deployments. We ended 2013 with 1,200 cloud and IT services customers
We believe this is a time of significant opportunity for Equinix. We continue to build a world-class organization and are committed to delivering distinctive value and a consistently superior global experience for our customers. We are proud of what we have achieved to date and look forward to an exciting road ahead.
For more information, see Equinix Reports Fourth Quarter and Year End 2013 Results.