As we celebrate the opening of the SG3 Equinix International Business Exchange ™ (IBX®), our largest data center in Asia-Pacific (AP), we wanted to reflect on those highlights that make the latest addition to our Singapore “virtual campus” so unique. SG3 brings many benefits to enterprises doing business in AP – here are our top ten:
1. Increased interconnection capacity: Singapore is Asia’s most geographically interconnected city, ranked #2 on the World Economics’ Network Readiness scale. So, it made perfect sense to expand the region’s interconnection capabilities by placing SG3 directly across from our SG1 facility, the largest interconnection hub in the region with more than 190 networks and home to one of the world’s three mobile GRX peering points.
2. Virtualized entry points to the cloud: Singapore is rapidly becoming a busy cloud hub, with more than 110 cloud providers calling our three SG IBX data centers home. Our Equinix Cloud Exchange enables automated provisioning for virtual connections to multiple cloud services via a single port. Close proximity to hybrid and multi-cloud connectivity increases performance and lowers the cost of accessing cloud resources required by data-intensive applications such as security, financial services and big data analytics.
3. Financial institution ready: Set in the middle of an active financial services center for Asia-Pacific, SG3 is designed to meet the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) data center outsourcing guidelines. MAS guidelines enable financial services’ data centers to meet threat and vulnerability risk assessment criteria, a critical requirement for providing financial services worldwide.
4. We’re ready for our close-up: Another growing industry in Singapore is digital media and entertainment, including companies such as Empire Multimedia and Lucasfilm. The syndicated transfer of massive amounts of large data media files, in-country and globally, requires direct, high-performance interconnections and close proximity to content providers and distributors.
5. Physically safe and secure: SG3 is strategically placed inanearthquake and flood-free zone. The facility is made of blast-resistant reinforced concrete, with eight levels of security and controlled building access. SG3 has 24 x 7 x 365 onsite security and support, CCTV monitoring and two-factor security access to the data center halls, with optional secure cages.
6. Plenty of room to grow businesses: With its 35,000 sq. meters of colocation space and a 5,000 cabinet capacity, there is more than enough room for businesses to expand. There is also plenty of opportunity for businesses to come together and collaborate within ecosystems of networks and clouds, industry partners and customers.
7. Network continuity: If you are the center of one of the largest global commerce markets, then you can’t afford any downtime. The SG3 campus supports redundant dark fiber, multi-homing and its 190+ networks enable a wide choice of reliable interconnection options.
8. Green by design: Our Asia-Pacific IBX data centers enable customers to reduce their carbon footprint and meet corporate sustainability goals, while maintaining high standards of excellence such as the BCA-IDA Green Mark.
9. High powered: SG3 provideshigh power density, with N+1 uninterruptible power systems and solar capacity for non-critical power requirements.
10. Gateway to the world: Singapore is home to more than 7,000 multinational companies, as well as local companies looking to expand their global footprint. The interconnection capabilities of the Singapore campus, as well as our more than 100 worldwide data centers, enable companies to quickly open new markets worldwide.
SG3 is a great addition to our award winning Asia-Pacific data centers, offering our customers a full range of premium interconnection, colocation and support services, and business ecosystems.