Next week’s VMworld conference is hitting a number of enterprise digital transformation hot buttons: hybrid multicloud, network virtualization, secure application infrastructures and digital workspace productivity. Attendees can also dive into sessions on how to integrate the edge, Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning (ML) and analytics to drive innovation and future-proof their IT infrastructures.
Re-inventing hybrid cloud infrastructures
Equinix and VMware have been working together to re-invent hybrid cloud infrastructures to help enterprises address the increasing volume and complexity of application workloads and data. By delivering private and secure interconnection to VMware Cloud on AWS using Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™) and AWS Direct Connect on Platform Equinix®, IT organizations can increase the scale and scope of their resources at the edge. We will be demonstrating our direct and secure interconnection to VMware Cloud on VMS at VMworld throughout the week in Equinix booth #2039.
Making hybrid multicloud a reality
VMworld is famous for its educational content and its impact on helping IT architects and application developers prepare for whatever digital transformation brings them. And we’re excited by the opportunities presented to us by this year’s VMworld to share our experiences in helping our customers accelerate their digital maturity by showing them how to simplify complex hybrid multicloud deployments. Here is a quick rundown of the Equinix sessions:
- Our President and CEO Charles Meyers will be interviewed on theCUBE – the world’s leading live, streaming TV program covering enterprise tech, innovation and featuring the people who imagine, create and implement the technologies that are changing our world. Meyers will discuss how Equinix’s global interconnection and data center platform has helped our nearly 10,000 customers create high-performance and scalable hybrid multicloud infrastructures.
- Craig Waldrop, Business Development Director at Equinix,will be presenting a session on “Making Hybrid Multicloud a Reality,” along with partner Western Digital (Booth #1933). In this session, Waldrop will review key data points and trends that are driving businesses to hybrid multicloud architectures and the associated benefits of more effectively and efficiently managing application workloads and data in the cloud. He’ll also highlight the challenges that IT and business leaders need to overcome in cloud migration and provide options for creating successful cloud environments that will stand the test of time.
- Alison Mark, Senior Business Development Manager at Equinix will be speaking with Wei Wang, Director of Product Marketing at VMware on “Driving Business Benefits Through Hybrid Cloud Outcomes.” In this session, learn about the ways that hybrid cloud enables the acceleration of numerous IT outcomes. Join us as we discuss VMware Cloud on Dell EMC on-premises use cases and how it drives down your overall total cost of ownership.
- Vivek Kumar, Sr. Manager of AWS Alliance and Business Development at Equinix, will be presenting “Build Your VMware Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure at Equinix.” In this session, he will discuss how to seamlessly migrate complex on-premises VMware workloads to VMware Cloud on AWS in a secure, efficient manner, while reducing CAPEX costs. The session will show IT leaders how to use private, dedicated connections to seamlessly move on-premises, enterprise VMware infrastructures into global Equinix IBX data centers to create cloud adjacent hybrid architectures.
In these sessions, you’ll learn how leveraging direct and secure, private interconnection to VMware Cloud on AWS can help you realize the following benefits:
- Extend enterprise data centers to VMware Cloud on AWS for greater scalability and global reach by accessing AWS compute and storage resources and digital services such as artificial intelligence, ML and analytics.
- Create next-gen applications using acloud-native architecture and an agile hybrid DevOps environment by seamlessly integrating with native AWS services.
- Leverage cost-effective disaster recovery (DR) and data backup in the cloud.
- Gain high-performance without compromising on data security and compliance by using low-latency and cost-effective private connectivity to AWS versus going over the public internet.
To learn more about how to future-proof hybrid multicloud infrastructures on Platform Equinix using direct and secure interconnection to VMware Cloud on AWS, schedule time to meet with us at VMworld in Equinix booth #2039.
With 10,000 customers inside of our digital ecosystems, and 200 data centers across 52 markets around the world, we represent something very special, and it's that interconnection piece that really differentiates Equinix from the rest.Charles Meyers, President and CEO, Equinix