Why is Denver a hot spot for digital business?
When I think of Denver, I see stunning mountain views, a dizzying array of professional and recreational sports options, a thriving restaurant and arts scene, and a community of health-conscious people who have moved there to enjoy a more active, outdoor lifestyle. I also see Denver as a metro area that is flourishing as home to 11 Fortune 500 companies, a top U.S. tech hub supporting more than 4,000 organizations, and a region that was named number two by Inc. for highest rate of entrepreneurship.
Why Choose Denver Data Centers?
Equinix Denver International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center are ideal for companies looking to connect to customers and partners on either coast or in major population hubs across the U.S. Customers in Denver have fast access to a growing economic base and geographic advantages that support superior connectivity and digital business expansions.Read More
Diversity and Innovation Create a Dynamic Digital Business Ecosystem
Not only does Colorado come out on top for economic stability and growth potential in the U.S., it’s also been named the top state for female entrepreneurs.[i] Combining the strength of world-class organizations such as DaVita, MolsonCoors, and Western Union, with a commitment to attracting and maintaining R&D funding, the Denver area is also a magnet for a highly skilled workforce. The state continues to value and emphasize education with 134 post-secondary schools with two in the top 10 for best schools for STEM majors.
On-Going Commitment to Sustainability
Like Equinix, Colorado, and particularly the Denver area, have made the environment and sustainability a top priority. Denver has created a comprehensive plan that features a total of 24 goals around 12 sustainability areas enabling it to be recognized as the 4th most sustainable destination in the world. The state boasts the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, which is the primary lab for renewable energy in the nation, while the city also plans for 100% renewable electricity by 2025 in municipal facilities, and community-wide by 2030. The synergy between Denver’s efforts and our Future First sustainability strategy and commitment to 100% clean and renewable energy across our global portfolio, bring a dedication to empower digital businesses with a clear path to mitigate critical issues like climate change, natural disasters and other environmental pressures.
Direct Connections to International Launching Points
Equinix supports two Denver International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers with 83,000+ square feet (7,725+ square meters) of colocation space, providing customers with access to low-latency routes via the Equinix global interconnection platform that extends across more than 60 markets in 26 countries on five continents.
Equinix Denver Metro IBX Data Centers
Interconnection to digital and business ecosystems
Denver’s prime location makes it an ideal site for companies requiring links to customer and partner ecosystems on either coast, or in major population centers along the way. Denver is the largest financial center between LA and Chicago and is called the “Wall Street of the West.” While home to 160 fintech companies—15 of which originated in Colorado, including global giants like NCR, Equifax and Worldpay—several other industries enjoy the thriving business climate that the area provides including:
Not only does Colorado come out on top for economic stability and growth potential in the U.S., it’s also been named the top state for female entrepreneurs."
Content and Digital Media
- Denver has the 5th largest broadband and digital communications employment concentration in the U.S. with over 4,100 companies in the area.
- Businesses can peer with last-mile content delivery networks in the 19th-largest metro region in the U.S. by population.
Cloud and IT Services
- The state is home to more than 580 technology firms, with Colorado-based companies occupying 66% of the tech footprint.
- Colorado’s tech scene is rapidly growing, adding 4 million sq ft in just two years, with the Denver metro seeing the strongest growth rate within the state.
- The manufacturing industry employs approximately 75,100 people in 379 companies that manufacture plastic, architectural and structural metals and other products.
- The states manufacturing disciplines are diverse and include computer and electronic products, food and beverage companies, and aerospace equipment represented by large manufacturers such as the Ball Corporation, Boeing, Lockheed Martin and MolsonCoors.
Why grow your digital business on Platform Equinix?
As the world’s digital infrastructure company, Equinix supports a resilient interconnected ecosystem of network service and cloud providers, content delivery networks (CDNs) and financial services in Denver, hosting more than 10,000 customers on Platform Equinix® globally. Equinix Denver offers secure, flexible interconnection serving major metropolitan areas including Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Silicon Valley with additional access to global markets. In addition, the Denver metropolitan area is prized for its low risk for natural disasters, making it a logical destination for business continuity and disaster recovery operations.
Denver is the largest financial center between LA and Chicago and is called the “Wall Street of the West"."
All the right possibilities
On Platform Equinix, you can quickly and simply deploy agile digital infrastructure for network optimization, hybrid multicloud, distributed data and security, and application exchange to accelerate your business’ digital transformation. Build next-generation SD-WAN architectures for more flexible, scalable, secure and reliable connectivity to users, NSPs, CSPs and other dense digital and business ecosystems at the edge. The Equinix global footprint provides multiple points-of-presence (PoP) proximate to employees, partners and customers, where you can harness high-speed, low-latency connections for the best possible user experience.
At Equinix Denver, you can quickly and easily deploy and connect digital infrastructure from the core to the edge, leveraging a broad array of IT services such as:
- Equinix Fabric™ – Delivers private software-defined interconnection to distributed users, digital infrastructure, industry ecosystems and your own infrastructure directly, securely, and dynamically on Platform Equinix®.
- Equinix Connect – Provides internet access to IT infrastructure in Equinix IBX® data centers. It offers the resiliency that organizations demand and direct connections to major content destinations for superior performance.
- Equinix Internet Exchange™– Enables networks, content providers and large enterprises to exchange internet traffic through the largest global peering solution across more than 35 markets.
- Network Edge – Modernizes enterprise networks by deploying virtual network services from leading vendors at the edge in minutes, with no additional hardware requirements.
- Equinix Metal™ – Interconnected, automated bare metal as a service delivers physical compute and storage infrastructure on-demand.
- Equinix Precision Time™ – Ensures global, secure Precision Time-as-a-Service synchronization for distributed enterprise systems.
At Equinix Denver, you can connect your sustainability goals with your digital business strategies to grow performance-based organizations regionally, nationally or globally.
 Fit Small Business, “Best States for Female Entrepreneurs 2020—Definitive Ranking of All 50 States,” January 6, 2020.
The manufacturing industry employs approximately 75,100 people in 379 companies that manufacture plastic, architectural and structural metals and other products.