The world has changed: The on-premises data center is no longer where most applications reside. SaaS solutions have proliferated, and 89% of organizations have now embraced a multicloud strategy. The quest to provide seamless digital experiences has multiplied connections across many locations, leading to more fragmented, dispersed IT infrastructures. Not to mention, companies face a host of external pressures due to the economy, geopolitical events, industry change, cybersecurity risk and more. The bottom line? Organizations are dealing with constant change and evolving business models. They want an agile, interconnected infrastructure that helps them stay competitive.
To survive and thrive in this new normal, you need a modern, distributed multicloud architecture that’s flexible and keeps you connected to all the right partners in all the right places. But it’s not easy to know where to begin or what to do next. Should you modernize your network? Migrate applications? Create a cloud roadmap? Implement automation and DevOps?
Transform your network to deliver secure, high-performance application experiences
Cisco and Equinix have joined forces to help you directly connect and transform your WAN for the cloud era.Learn More
Connecting the components of digital infrastructure
If you’re ready to take the next step in your digital transformation journey, it might help to start by thinking about the importance of the three components of digital infrastructure—core, ecosystems and edge:
- Digital core: The digital core is often the first step for organizations looking to initiate digital transformation and move away from traditional infrastructure solutions that aren’t working so well for them anymore. Creating an interconnected digital core involves projects like network modernization, cloud adjacency and dedicated cloud.
- Digital ecosystems: No company can operate alone in today’s digital world. Integrating partners, SaaS providers and data marketplaces via robust, dynamic digital ecosystems is becoming the new normal—and it demands fast, easy interconnection to key partners around the world.
- Digital edge: As the move to the digital edge accelerates, companies are prioritizing user experience by bringing infrastructure closer to users, using AI-driven analysis and extending the security perimeter across distributed edge locations.
To future-proof your business, you need a digital strategy that addresses all three areas. The network is the foundation of digital transformation, so modernizing the network is a fundamental step in establishing a more agile, interconnected infrastructure that can meet the needs of your evolving business. But how you connect matters, as do the partners you choose to accompany your digital transformation journey.
Data center evolution with Equinix and Cisco
Equinix and Cisco are helping companies modernize their networks to deliver anywhere, anytime connectivity while maintaining robust security. We have a multiyear strategic partnership to help organizations transition to distributed hybrid multicloud and edge architectures. Colocation and digital infrastructure services on Platform Equinix®, combined with Cisco’s portfolio of SD-WAN, security and collaboration solutions, can transform your data center for the digital era. Together, we provide a cloud-agnostic environment to give customers maximum flexibility and choice in designing their digital infrastructure.
Customers deploy Cisco data center solutions at Equinix because we partner to help them address core, ecosystem and edge infrastructure:
- Equinix interconnection services transform how you deliver and consume network services.
- Equinix has a robust ecosystem of 3,000+ cloud and IT service providers, and 2,100+ network service providers—giving you access to key partners in key locations for your business.
- Equinix has the geographical reach and capability to address all your edge users, devices and locations—in 71 markets and 32 countries around the world.
Interconnection, security and collaboration solutions
Equinix and Cisco have collaborated on a range of solutions around interconnection, security and collaboration tools for the modern enterprise:
Software-defined cloud interconnection: Companies using colocation and multicloud architectures need modern connectivity solutions. Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect (SDCI) with Equinix integrates Cisco SD-WAN with Network Edge virtual devices and Equinix Fabric® interconnection services for high availability connections, faster deployments and easier management.
Security management: Cisco Secure Firewall on Network Edge helps companies secure their hybrid multicloud environments, securely connect remote users, and protect their network perimeter. Virtualization also allows on-demand deployment of security services.
Collaboration: In the age of hybrid work, network performance issues like packet loss, jitter and delay can hinder employees. Cisco Webex Edge Connect and Equinix Fabric enable enhanced meeting quality with added security via direct peering through Equinix Fabric—so that your collaboration experience supports productivity.
These are just a few examples of the ways Equinix and Cisco are innovating to solve problems for our shared customers. Taking the next step in your digital transformation with Cisco and Equinix offers numerous capabilities and benefits:
- Simplify IT and embrace hybrid multicloud
- Address end-to-end network security
- Automate more infrastructure with on-demand digital services
- Access network analytics
- Run business-critical applications on a SASE-enabled architecture
- Give users around the world always-on access to applications and collaboration tools
Together, Equinix and Cisco will continue to innovate and provide solutions that empower customers on their digital transformation journeys. Our collaborative solutions are designed to help you stay agile and competitive in this ever-evolving business landscape.
Move into the future with Equinix and Cisco
Equinix and Cisco joint solutions can help you take the next step in your digital transformation. If you’re not sure what to do next, we can help. Our solutions address core, ecosystems and edge infrastructure—helping you deploy and interconnect digital hubs around the world, integrate your ecosystems and interact at the digital edge to deliver exceptional user experiences.
Visit our partnership page to see how you can transform your infrastructure for the cloud era with Cisco and Equinix.
On May 25, 2023, we’re holding a webcast with Cisco where you can learn more about our latest infrastructure solutions. Register for the webcast today.
 Brian Adler, Cloud Computing Trends: Flexera 2022 State of the Cloud Report, Flexera, March 21, 2022.